Friday, March 20, 2015

HarmoKnight Overview


After posting about amiibos constantly for the past week, I think it's time for a game.

HarmoKnight is an eshop only game. I tried the demo a while back and fell in love with it. I didn't have money for it and decided to wait on getting it. I got it off Club Nintendo and was excited to play the full version of the game.

Tempo is the main character in the game and two other characters join along in the journey to help. However, those two characters rarely get to be played. The point is to hit the monsters in time with the beat. Eventually there are obstacles to avoid and movement in boss stages.

The difficultly of the levels slowly became harder. There were a few levels I had to retry once or twice but by the time I reached the final boss, I was retrying 10+ times. My rhythm sense is kind of terrible, so I rely on guessing but it did not work on the final boss. I had to take a break since I was losing earlier and earlier in the level. Eventually, I did beat the final boss and I realized, it was that last part that I kept losing at.

It's not truly the end is it? ...Good there's more.
There is another world which is just as hard as the final boss. Five birds are needed to unlock the world. Birds are found in stages that shows a feather near it. There are seven stages in the final world and each one takes a while to beat.

A new world... harder challenges awaits.
There is plenty of replay value. After getting a gold flower for the level, there is a faster version of the level to play. There are five bonus stages with Pokémon songs. They're a lot shorter than the one song in the demo. It might take forever to get all gold flowers, and I don't think I'll ever be good enough to be able to do that.

Another great rhythm game for those who like this type of game.

No comments:

Post a Comment