Monday, March 16, 2015

Back From My Brother's Graduation

I'm not even sure where to begin on this one. My family decided to drive 11 hours (more like 21 hours) to my brother's graduation. Terrible idea. Never drive that far. I drove for a few hours and was stuck in traffic for the majority of it. Also my dad likes to avoid tolls which is why it was 11 hours. On the way back we just said pay the tolls which was 10 hours instead (about 16 hours). It was horrible getting lost often.

My brother just finished Basic Combat Training (BCT) and he is just overjoyed. He was hoping to change more but he said he changed a bit. Usually military training is suppose to shaped people up but he said most of them are just as bad as when they entered. Other than the people's attitudes, training wasn't so bad. A lot of it is...wait for it.....WAITING! So, I guess patience is a virtue here?

Food tends to not be satisfying. He mainly asked us to bring food, candy, etc. A lot of it too. Wow, he can eat a lot. If BCT did anything to him, it was to make him appreciate home food. Finally, someone else in my family gets it! (College destroyed my stomach.) We gave him a ton of candy to take and since he is unable to keep it in his training, he tried to eat all of it. It was probably about 5 lb or more of candy. Also tried sharing it but most of it is Asian candy. Oh well, as long as he doesn't get cavities from it.

We stayed at a hotel for one night and I have concluded, I'm never going on a vacation with my parents (mainly my dad) ever again. All my dad did was complain about bed bugs. So we check the beds, they're sealed. Check pillows and all, nothing. My mom was the same as my dad but eventually was fine. Also they refused to use the hotel's towels. The hotel was clean from what I can tell. They're just over reacting...a lot. It got to a point where my dad woke up in the middle of the night saying he was itchy and went to check. Then it just got worse on our way home. About an hour away, he said he was going to spray all our clothes and everything with bed bug spray and wash it in the laundromat. He demanded my clothes but I said no, I am capable of washing my own clothes. I understand to be skeptical about being away from home and into an unknown place to sleep but I don't understand how he was ever able to travel to different countries if he acted like this.

Lesson learned: Never go on a trip anywhere that involves a hotel with parents.

I will have to reference this for any future outings. Also I hope I don't turn as crazy as him.

No comments:

Post a Comment