Friday, March 6, 2015

Project Diva F/f (PS3/PS Vita)

PS Vita and PS3 versions! PS Vita is in Japanese.
I owned the PS3 version first since I didn't have a PS Vita and didn't know when I would have gotten one. Fast forward a year later and I received a Vita. Soon after, I brought the game which would have been cheaper than getting the digital version in the PS store. So now I own both versions and I only play the PS Vita version.

There's nothing wrong with the PS3 version. My preference just ends up to playing on handhelds.

Differences between the two games:
  • Portability
  • Extra bonus songs on PS3 version (Vita has to pay)
  • Graphics
  • Hitting Star Notes
  • Interaction controls

I'm a fan of rhythm games so Project Diva is no exception. I played all the previous Project Diva games on the PSP. I won't move onto the next game until I buy all the modules and other items (which usually is the longest part). Luckily, if the games are in the same series, I can have the modules I already brought transfer to the next game.

Main Screen.
Songs + Gameplay

The song selection is usually okay. There are songs I like and songs I dislike. In Project Diva F/f, there are a lot more faster songs than in previous versions. I prefer playing most of the slower songs, just not too slow. The extra bonus songs are nice for more game play but I don't really care about it.

The controls are simple, just press the button coming up on the screen. The stars notes are the only notes that differ between the two versions. In the PS3 version, the analog is used to hit star notes however in the PS Vita version, "scratching" or swiping the touch screen is used to hit the notes. I can't swipe notes very well with my thumbs so I just have to let go of one side and use my index finger. (Small hands are terrible for this!)

The graphics on the PS Vita version is more blurry than on the PS3. It doesn't bother me but it was very noticeable when I first played it. Also makes the flashy songs a bit more bearable to play.

Song I grinded most on, Melancholic. (I liked this song but now I've played it way too much, I'm starting to have a different opinion).

Still unable to perfect a song. So hard!
Diva Room

In Diva Room, you can decorate the room, dress the divas, and interact with each of the six divas. Interaction is a pain on the PS3 version. Using the analog to rub the diva's head is HARD. I tend to move slightly over too much and it resets. Then I have to start all over again. Luckily in the Vita version, it is so much easier since there is a touch screen. Each diva can have up to 3 interactions at once or 2 interactions, exit to the room and interact again for 2 more. This can be done every ten minutes, waiting for a finger symbol. If three head rubs were done at one interaction, then a mini game will most likely pop up. The mini game is in two parts. Rock, paper, scissors and pick a direction. A point is score for whichever party wins both.

Only gripe I have with the interaction is that they all act the same. I wish they had different personalities, not just voices.

Throwing leeks at credits mini game. 
Shop

There are three categories in the shop. Modules, furniture and items. In modules, there are lots of costumes for each of the six characters except Hatsune Miku has the most. There is definitely a good amount of variety but I can't really say I like a lot of them. Only a few. At least the diva can dress up for the song.

Furniture is full of stuff for the rooms. There is a lot of variety and if customization is your thing, lots to play with. Last is items such as food and gifts. These can be fed/given to the diva's to increase/decrease their love to you and to see events.

Use the challenge items early to help rack up Diva Points, else it will be a really harsh grind.

With the amount I played on Melancholic, I'm surprised the most play character isn't Rin. Also took me about 40 hours to complete the game. 
Others

Edit - Can edit songs.
AR - Can watch a virtual Diva dance upon a card. Can get printout of cards online.
Internet - Can upload/download songs people have edited.
Record - Can check stats, titles, and edit information about self.
Other  - Can change options, save and go to title.

I'm glad this game got a localization however, I'm still playing the Japanese version. For Project Diva f 2nd, I will get the English version since a physical copy of it exist on the PS Vita (Probably sometime in the next few months). I can't wait to play it.


Got my second platinum trophy from this game! Aiming for another one next!

No comments:

Post a Comment