Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Addiction to Office Supplies Part 2

Addiction to Office Supplies

After a few days of using the Pilot Airblanc, I am loving this pencil. It uses 0.3mm lead which is really thin but strong at the same time. It writes really fine lines which is what I like. I have yet to try any of the lead I ordered since I usually like to waste the original lead first. It also takes me FOREVER to actually finish one piece of lead.

 The Uni Kuru Toga 0.5mm lead pencil seems to be awesome, at least for my boyfriend. I find that 0.5mm lead is too thick for what I like when I'm using this pencil. Even though it automatically turns, I find that the "even-ness" it writes in tends to be more smudge looking. Maybe if I used harder lead it won't look that way but I have yet to test that out.


Few days later...

Well I finally decided to buy from Jetpens. I got myself the most expensive mechanical pencil I will own to this day. It was the Pentel graph 1000. I really like 0.3mm lead now so what better way to complement it with something nice. Last thing I got was the Pentel Hi-Polymer Ain Eraser. Apparently this is one amazing eraser so I figured for $0.99 I could try it. Also my boyfriend was saying how he needed an eraser. He lost my eraser I gave him so I can bet he probably lose this one too.

Can't wait to test the Pentel 1000 out against my Pilot Airblanc. Also can't wait to see how the eraser compares to my old one.

Few more days later...


Now that I received my Jetpens order and used the Pentel Graph 1000 0.3mm pencil, I can't ever turn back. I actually stopped using my Pilot Airblanc (for now) because it is a little unstable. Right at where the rubber grip meets the plastic around the middle of the pencil, it does turn a little and make a small plastic sound. It is nice for the price but I have to admit that the Pentel graph 1000 0.3mm is better. The Pentel graph 1000 has a solid feel to it, feels just a bit better to write with, good precision but expensive. I like how the cap has a HB written on it, and it can be turned to 4H - B. That will help me keep track of which lead I'm using. I have tried to use the Uni kuru Toga 0.5mm pencil more and I can't say it is for me. It is a little too bulky for me and the auto lead rotation system don't matter to me.

I conducted a small test using my mechanical pencils and the new leads I have recently acquired. I wished I had more of a range but I am limited to what I have now. Below I have used two 0.3mm and two 0.5mm mechanical pencils to conduct my test. I am using the Pilot Airblanc 0.3mm, Pentel graph 1000 0.3mm, Pentel Sharplet 2 0.5mm, and Uni Kuru Toga 0.5mm mechanical pencils. 

Mechanical Pencils for test
Mechanical pencil leads for test.
Shows an eraser test between Pentel Ain and my current pencil eraser. Very slight difference in erasing. Also shows the HB lead the pencils came with and H lead I brought . The H lead feels harder which is what I expected.
Shows the difference in leads from HB to H to 2H. Strangely the H worked as I expected which is harder and lighter but the 2H writes darker and feels a little bit softer. I'm not sure if it is mislabeled but I have no idea why it is darker. It looks darker than HB.
In the end, I'm quite pleased with my purchases from jetpens and jstationery. They both arrived in a few days. The pencils and leads I brought works great. Can't wait to purchase more in the future.

To Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment