Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Style Savvy Trendsetters Overview

A casual style and fashion game with a few management features. There are also fashion competitions based on a random category.


Story
The game starts off with the protagonist staring at a display mannequin at a boutique. The protagonist is greeted by Michaela who asks for help. After helping her, she decides to hire you to help out with the boutique. Within a few days of helping her, she decides to make the protagonist the new manager of the boutique (that escalated quickly). From here on, the protagonist makes all the decisions from buying clothes, meeting people, helping customers and competing in competitions. There will be events to unlock new features as the game progresses.

Game play
It is all touch screen. I play on a 3DS XL and I got tired of using the small stylus after a while. I recommend a larger stylus  for extended periods of play.

Style savvy is a very casual game. This game will not progress until the player reaches a certain point. There is a jar that fills up with happiness every time the player successfully helps someone or views an event. It also fills up once a day for changing outfits, buying anything, and drinking tea at cafe. Once this jar fills up to the top and the next day starts, it will unlock things. If the jar isn't filled, it will keep track of the amount by filling up part of the moon and emptying the jar for the next day.

Helping customers find item(s) is how the player builds customer relations. A few of these customers can be NPC's that run other shops or possible future shop assistants. I only found two of the five assistants not including the first one.

Wearing certain outfits can trigger events. Certain NPC's will be happy if the player dresses a certain way.

There are four competitions once competitions become available. Beginner, Premier, Elite and International. Beginner will unlock Premier, Premier will unlock Elite, and all three will unlock International. There are 10 contests to win in each competition and only one can be done per day. From beginner to elite, the contests are very simple and easy. International can have some tough requirements so I would save before attempting this one. The contest style is randomly decided, I gotten a few that were the same day after day. Winning these contests will give items (very expensive items). After beating all 10 contests, winning will yield money instead.

I made a chart to help with knowing which shops are open on which day for the Buyer Center. I also listed who would be downtown and the park depending on the time of day. I might be missing shops in the Buyer center that I have not unlocked yet but for now this is what I have. Not sure if this chart only applies to my copy but I did confirm it is the same each week. O = open.

Cecil = ?
Dulcie = Boho-chic
Rocco = Luxury
Clara = Princess
Yukiko = Pop
Dorothy = Bold

Final Thoughts
There are so many items for the game. I wish I could expand the warehouse to be able to store it all. Trying to sell it all is hard since not everyone that comes in would want what I want to get rid of. Luckily there's a clearance but to constantly buy items to go straight on clearance is a loss of profit.

There are two money amounts in the game. One of them is for the boutique and whatever item brought at the buyer center will go to the boutique and a free copy for the player. The other one is money to spend for the player. This can buy clothes from the runway or magazine and not take up a slot in the warehouse. It can also buy makeup, furniture and pay for a haircut. I don't know how the protagonist has unlimited storage in her apartment to store all these clothes but she somehow does.

Overall, this game is fun and can be picked up easily. The only thing I recommend is a list of what style is connected to which brand. There is a search feature but it can include other brands of that style.

Recommended for those who like customization or fashion. I'm not a fashion fan but I enjoyed the game.

I hope the next iteration of the game would release for the US but that is currently unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment