Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy New Year! + Unfortunate Event

Happy Chinese/Lunar New Year!

After being home for the last week, I felt so deprived of space! Also my brain felt bored since I was limited on what I could do. I mostly played games during the week on my 3DS, PS Vita and my brother's laptop. The only other thing I could have done was to venture out in the freezing cold...which I did not want to do.
Leftovers. Those shrimp are huge, we had smaller ones the night before.
The celebration was done the night before rather than the day of. My dad had work on New Years so we did a big dinner the night before. Surprisingly the dinner wasn't as extravagant as previous years, there was no fish but there was lots of shrimp. It might be due to my brother not being around so there was no need for so much food. He hates seafood anyways so I don't think it would have changed anything. Sadly, I should have photographed more of the food but by the time I realized, it was too late and everything was leftovers.

New flavors! Well new in the sense it was not in the market before.
My sister and I found tons of snacks we have never tried in the supermarket. I always like to try random snacks since there's always something different when I go home. I was so excited to try the seaweed chips, it actually tasted quite good. My favorite had to be the crab chips. Hot chili was my least favorite.

Bags of snacks we got. Got some choco roll with pudding flavor which was okay. Haven't tried the strawberry wafer coated in white chocolate yet but it sounds good. There was some strawberry cream puff which I haven't tried yet either. Some gummy candy, soda candy, seaweed, seaweed crackers, squid, sunflower seeds, and whatever else we decided to get. Sorry, mom would have yelled at me if I scattered it all over the floor. Her place, her rules.

Unfortunate Event

The New Year started off fine and by the time it was Sunday (yesterday), well things weren't so great. My brother let me borrow his PS Vita while he went to military training. Even though I had my own, he had some digital only ones I wanted to play. For the week I was gone, I let my boyfriend borrow my brother's Vita thinking it was going to be fine. After all, he's an adult that can take care of things. Well I was wrong when he showed me the Vita.

First I realized, the sound was low and he had the sound almost maxed, about 2 ticks away. Now that didn't make sense. He admit he fell while cleaning snow in the morning. Okay, fine...didn't "seem" that bad. Cosmetically there was about 3 spots that were slightly chipped. He was still able to play the game, but the sound quality was bad. So, he power off the console, turned it back on and went into a game. None of the buttons were working at this point. I went to the main menu and the buttons work there, except the down directional pad. Apparently, according to the Internet, this can happen and it might be a hardware issue. I just don't want to open it up unless my brother says I can. I hope my brother isn't too upset, though my boyfriend is willing to compensate for it by getting him a new one if that's what he wants.

As of now, I've sent the letter explaining to him what happened and the possible solutions. Due to this event, I will go to his graduation in two weeks. That 11 hour drive on top of a 3-4 hour bus ride is going to be fun. I was going to miss it but I was responsible for his Vita while he was away and things decided to hit the fan. Yeah, I think I'm going to stay away from letting my boyfriend borrow anything expensive for a while. Now I'm worried about the New 3DS XL he just got. We just decided to end the day by going to sleep and hopefully today is a better day.

Already a bad way to start the year. Wonder what else is in store for us.

I wonder if anyone ever gets tired of travelling. I'm tired of travelling every two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment