Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Professor Layton - The Last Specter


This isn't the first Professor Layton game I have play but it is the first I finished. I actually started with the Diabolical Box and there was a bunch of back story I did not understand about the characters. So I only went through half of it before I stopped.
Since I was without internet for a few days, I decided to start with a Professor Layton game with my boyfriend and see if we're able to solve the puzzles/problems without looking it up on the internet of course. We decided to start the series in chronological order (I had it written down somewhere).

Order found somewhere on the internet:

Last Specter -> Eternal Diva (movie) -> Miracle Mask -> Azran Legacy -> Curious Village -> Diabolical Box -> Unwounded Future

After finding this order, I realized why I missed so much back story on the characters.

The main game is full of mystery and puzzles. At first, we did not realize why it was so important to Professor Layton to go to Misthallery. Slowly, more and more things added to the mystery. We both thought we might have solved the puzzle but we realized we were only partially right. There are ten mysteries in the game which is quite a lot for something that starts off with one strange letter.


The side mini puzzles are fun especially the one with the fish. I'm terrible at the toy train game where I have to lay the tracks correctly to get to the goal without crashing. The puppet theatre is impossible to do without solving most of the puzzles in the game. I have yet to use any of the mouse badges that I have collected over the course of the game. Found out it is for a mini game.


There is one more feature in Professor Layton I did not play much, London Life. I did make a character and I'm suppose to go around doing errands/quests. I somehow went into a place with bats and got myself hurt a lot. There seems to be quite a bit of game play with London Life, so I plan to try that out for a bit longer later.

Only two more pages!
It took us about a week on and off to beat this game. We got most of the puzzles correct except for like 4 of them or so which we had to look up. Not too bad but next time we'll try to aim for none to look up. We did every puzzle leading up to the final puzzles and after the end, there were some more we have yet to finish but it wasn't much.

We hope to continue playing the series. The only one we don't have is Azran Legacy but that can wait until we beat Miracle Mask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment