Friday, December 18, 2015

[PS Vita] Broken Age


A point and click adventure game which probably would have been much easier to play on a larger screen than the PS Vita.

Can choose either story to start first. Vella on left, Shay on right.

Story

There are two characters story to go through. Vella, a girl from the village of Sugar Bunting, who is a sacrifice to a monster called Mog Chothra. Shay, a boy who lives in a spaceship preparing for some unknown mission. Vella and Shay both find their situations odd so they do things that are different than the expected norm.

While the starting story was good, towards the end it was okay. I was expecting a bit more for the ending.

Gameplay

For the PS Vita, the touch screen and button controls both work. The touch screen press and drag control is a bit difficult to use due to the game scaling. Also dragging onto another object seems to be off by a bit. The analog sticks were easier to use to navigate except it was slower so it can be a pain for time sensitive missions.

Final Thoughts

Broken Age is not a very long game. The story is good, the dialogue is funny in certain places, and it can be a bit difficult. About half way through the game, I ended up staring at the screen trying to figure out what to do. Like many point and click games, there is not much of a reason to replay it. There is a trophy to beat it in under an hour but there is a guide online. I have yet to get this trophy but I will eventually.

Since I have PS Plus, I was able to access this game for free. I had to renew PS Plus so I could finish the game since I stopped at the last chapter before it expired. The time it took me to renew (about 2-3 weeks) probably did not help with the time it took to beat it. I could not remember what I was doing. It took less than 9 hours to beat it the first time.


Recommended for those who like short Point and Click Adventure games.

No comments:

Post a Comment