Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cooking in winter in my own Apartment - A letter

Dear Apartment,

I'm not sure what the deal with last night is but it was completely unacceptable. Around 10 pm last night as I was playing Super Smash Bros with my boyfriend, you decided to increase the heat to 80 degrees Fahrenheit despite only being set to 70. I get it, the event match on hard mode was a heated battle but no need to raise the temperature above what I set it as. At this point, I lowered it to 68 hoping you would stop. I even had to open the door and window just to get some heat out before I went to sleep at 11 pm. It was about 25 degrees outside and 80 degrees inside at this point. It's such a waste of heat!

Now, being uncomfortably hot in the heat, I tried really hard to sleep but it was impossible. As I probably only got a few minutes of sleep before getting up at 2:40 am, I was sweating insanely. So, I check the thermostat and it says 90 degrees! What is going on Apartment? I didn't think you be able to continuously raise the heat when you weren't suppose to. Now, I just left the door open and the window, our 20" circular fan had to be sitting on the window to pull air in. I also turned the thermostat all the way down to where it would be considered off, below 55 degrees.

Thanks Apartment, for trying to cook us.

We just left our setup till about 7 am in the morning, when it was finally much more bearable. I wasn't able to get more than like 10 minutes of sleep before I said screw it and got up at 8:30 am. Rough night...seriously. 

You finally decided to stay at 70-71 degrees when I checked at 8:30 am. As of now, getting close to 10 am, you decide to behave yourself. Did you have a fever last night? Or were you just gassy? Angry? Did downstairs bully you to blast heat?

I appreciate you trying to keep me warm for the winter months and I respect that but I don't do well in high heat. Please understand I only want as much heat as I ask of you. No more no less. I prefer to save on heating and not have the cost skyrocket. I'm okay with layering to keep warm.

Now that the ordeal is over, I hope you treat your next tenants well and not cook them in the process. Thank you for this past year that I have lived here. It was great for what it was.

Sincerely,

-Rami

P.S. Please don't cook me tonight. I would really like a good night sleep. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment