Friday, May 6, 2016

[3DS] My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Insights


Yay! Another free picross game for the Nintendo 3DS...with a small catch to get it. By signing up for My Nintendo and Miitomo gave a large portion of points. As for the rest of the coins, all I had to do was daily or weekly missions. It took a little over a week (maybe two) to get enough Miitomo/Silver coins to get this game for free.

Types of Picross puzzles. Gold Medal to the left means completed.

Picross is a puzzle solving game where the numbers on the outside of the grid tells which boxes are filled in the row/column. Instead of having to wait for energy or use Pokemon for missions in Pokemon Picross, Zelda Picross is the full game without any gimmicks.

There are 3 modes: Picross, Mega Picross and Micross. Picross has 45 puzzles ranging from 10x10 to 20x15. Mega Picross has the same amount of puzzles as Picross and some images are repeated. Mega Picross has numbers that can span on two rows/columns making it a bit difficult to figure out. Micross is a large 80x80 puzzle which breaks down to solving 10x10 puzzles until the picture is completed.

Thoughts

Regular Picross was easy since I already knew how to play. Mega Picross took a while to figure out how to solve them efficiently since I had yet to try them on Pokemon Picross (surprisingly, I been diligent enough to play everyday but still going to take many more months to complete without paying money). Micross is the same as regular Picross but each puzzle is a piece of the overall large picture.
Options.
It took about 5 days to beat the game completely. I had to turn off most of the options when I started to play since it kept bugging me. I did not need a hint roulette once I figured what it did. Answer Autocheck was a pain since if any box was filled in accidentally wrong, it would correct it and add time. I had navigation off until I started Mega Picross, then I just left it on while it was toggled off. I toggled it on and off when I was stuck trying to learn how to solve Mega Picross. The only option that I keep on mainly was Hint-Number Autocheck. This grays out the number when the correct number of boxes are filled in the row/column. It was a useful tool to figuring out what was left to solve.

I felt like I played too quickly and did not enjoy the game much. It was easy to pick up and play a puzzle or two anytime during the day. I could probably continue to play and improve my time but since I already know what the puzzle is, it feels easier. Maybe a hide puzzle picture toggle button would help since I would forget the puzzle after a while and I would not be reminded of what the puzzle was. Either way, it was a nice short game and well worth the time. I am a bit sad it had to end so quickly but I still have to slowly go through Pokemon Picross.

No comments:

Post a Comment