Sunday, January 18, 2015

Love Live! School Idol Paradise Vol. 1 Printemps


Game cartridge. Need to add box art later (I packed it by mistake).
I've been playing this game since around Christmas at every chance I had and finally finished it (except for one thing). It was very easy to pick up and with my limited knowledge of Japanese, I had no troubles. For anyone that doesn't know, this is a rhythm game similar to Project Diva but more simple.

Main screen.
The controls are:
Right buttons/touchscreen = pink hearts
Left buttons/touchscreen = blue stars
Both left and right = green music note
Right analog = gimmicks
Left analog = live feature

Room.
There are three modes to the game. Story, Free live, and Live missions. There is also a room where you can view the three characters and dress them up or watch the cut scenes from the story again.

The story is very short. I can guess what they're saying since I have watched the anime before. The story takes place in the summer, and there are three parts to the story. There are three endings, and it took me forever to figure out how to get the ending I needed.

Free live is basically free mode. Can pick any song, outfit and stage that have been collected. To collect more songs, outfits and stages, just play story and live challenges.
 
Only one I can't clear...mission 29.
After getting the ending I needed, I decided to play the live challenges. Little did I know, these get ridiculously hard.  I was missing three songs variations and I found out they were in mission 10, 20 and 30 of live challenge. It took me a whole day of binge playing to get through most of the missions. I was stuck at mission 29, spent hours on it and gave up. Then I realized, mission 30 was already unlocked! So, played mission 30, first try and I got the song variation. Yay!

To complete the trophies, I needed that last song and I needed to get excellent in it which was really easy. I got my first platinum trophy! I felt so accomplished last night at 2:30am.

This game has two other volumes with the six other characters. Chances are I will not get them due to money constraints. There isn't much difference between the versions other than a few songs so I'm not missing out on much. 

Recommended for those who like rhythm games and idol groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment