Friday, November 6, 2015

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX Overview

After spending the last month and a half casually playing on this game, it is very difficult to get all the stamps (achievements). The game is much more extensive than it first appeared. It can also be a grind fest.

Modes

Hang Out Mode: Able to call the Vocaloid and interact by giving food or allowance. Also can play a minigame.

Dress-Up: Able to change the Vocaloid's outfit. Can change outfit independently from the hairstyle.

Home: Able to remodel the room. Can place 2 small items, 2 medium items, 1 large item and 1 wall item.

Alarm: Includes a alarm clock and a stopwatch. Can also have Vocaloid in bedtime state.

Change: Able to switch between the 6 Vocaloid partners.

Rhythm Game: The main part of the game.


PuyoPuyo 39!: A versus minigame. Two puyos drop at a time in a tetris-like space. Needs to match 4 of the same color to have the puyo vanish.

Cards: Able to change profile and view other profiles from streetpass.

Photos: Able to view photos taken. To take a photo, press L+R.

Collect: Able to view stamps collected and see hints on unlocking specific stamps.

Options: Able to view time spent on the game, money earned, completion rate, and video gallery. Also can change username.

Create Own Tunes: The symbol is shown as small piano keys. Able to make a small tune to be used for the alarm. I spent way too much time making the tune for Zelda's Lullaby.


Go Out Mode

Dept: Store to buy outfits, furniture and food.

Dance: Studio to edit dances for songs. Unlock more dances from buying outfits.

My Room: Goes back to the room.

Estates: Can change room's here. Total of seven kinds, 5 free, 2 on a weekly lease.

Theater: Able to watch videos.

AR: Able to use the AR cards and take pictures.

Thoughts

The Demo showed a small part of the game. In the full version, there is much to do. I mainly spent most of the time unlocking and completing all songs. Easy and Normal modes were quick to complete. Hard can be quite difficult and I have yet to beat one song in Button mode on hard. To get the stamp to play all songs on Hard, I was able to beat the one missing song on Tap mode and it unlocked. Mixing and matching Button/Tap mode works.


One complaint I had in the Demo was the button noise was too loud. In the full version, it can be changed and I lowered it to half in order to be able to hear the songs. The songs sound much more soft/light compared to Project Diva series. I tried comparing the same song on both games and there is a difference in the volume of the voice. It could also be the 3DS is not as loud compared to the PS Vita.

Earning MP can be a bit of a grind. There are 2 help and 2 challenge items to help get more MP. Unfortunately, play coins are needed to use the items. The harder the difficulty with higher rank on a song, the more MP is earned. MP is used to buy outfits, furniture and food at the store. It is also used to give allowance to the Vocaloids. There are six Vocaloids that can become friends. The seventh Vocaloid (Gumi) visits to give items and tips.

For example, I recently got a tip that said something along the lines of:

Tip from Gumi: Hold L while loading back to My Room will change the music.

It will stay as a permanent change until L is hold down again while loading back to My Room.

I am finding it difficult to become friends with any of the Vocaloids. I have unlocked all their Pajamas by this point (It took a month until I upped their allowance). I also feel like I am buying/bribing their friendship by giving 10000MP each day and food. I tried giving 9000MP instead of 10000MP and 9000MP is considered to be a small allowance while 10000MP is a large allowance. Not sure where the medium allowance is.

There were other features I barely used. I rarely play the Reversi and PuyoPuyo minigame. I went through all the AR cards for the stamp except getting specific photos. I did not make a full dance for any songs. I decided instead to start a song, add 3 moves and save it. Also viewed it really quick 20 times. I only made one tune which took a while. I have not made enough MP to have anyone go to the villa yet.

Final Thoughts

This game is colorful and full of cute things. The concept is great except becoming friends with the Vocaloids is a pain. Also the events for certain stamps are too random. It would be easier to be able to trigger it. The head rubbing in Project Diva would probably also have worked better with the 3DS since there is a stylus. While the game has a few flaws, it is worth picking up and trying the game. Many hours will be spent playing it.

Currently, I have 50+ hours in the game. It might take forever to become best friends  and I may just focus on one until I reach it. I will probably end up playing many more hours to try to get the remaining stamps. There are 115 stamps total and I have yet to get half.


Recommended for those who like rhythm games.
Meiko's Birthday - November 5

No comments:

Post a Comment